Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco Celebrate Their Engagement: 'Forever Begins Now'
Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco are over the moon after sharing their engagement news on Wednesday, Dec. 11.
An insider exclusively confirms to PEOPLE that Blanco proposed earlier that day with a heartfelt and personal gesture. “It was very her,” the source says, revealing that the proposal included Gomez’s favorite meal from Taco Bell. “It was a total surprise to Selena.”
The joyous couple later hosted an impromptu gathering with close friends and family to celebrate the milestone. “Benny and Selena were so excited to share the news right away with their loved ones,” the source adds. “It’s such a true partnership between them.”
Gomez, 32, shared the happy news on Instagram, showing off her stunning marquise-cut engagement ring in a series of photos captioned, "forever begins now.."
The actress and singer, who recently earned two Golden Globe nominations for Emilia Pérez, received an outpouring of love from her celebrity friends. Jennifer Aniston wrote, “HONEY!! Congratulations sweet mama!” Meanwhile, her longtime best friend Taylor Swift joked, “yes I will be the flower girl.”
Gomez and Blanco, 36, first crossed paths years ago and collaborated on her 2019 hit single "I Can't Get Enough” alongside Tainy and J Balvin.
In last month’s PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive issue, Blanco shared his thoughts on their relationship, describing Gomez as a “true best friend.”
Gomez also praised Blanco in an interview with CBS Sunday Morning, expressing how grateful she is for his unwavering support. “I’m beyond proud to have someone by my side who deeply cares about every tiny detail of who I am,” she said.
Congratulations to the happy couple as they embark on this beautiful journey together!
